7.15.2004

BUSY BUSY!

For those of you who don't know, I'm getting married next Saturday (the 24th). Things have been so hectic around here. As stated earlier, Matt and I found a place to live in MD so we've been trying to get some packing done (so far we've mainly done books and winter clothes). At the same time, I've been trying to get two baby blankets finished, print out all the guests names alphabetically with table assignments next to them and I still have to print out the table numbers. I think the worst of it has been people calling in the past few days to see if they can bring a date. I guess everyone has been hit with amnesia because they seem to be forgetting that we asked them over a month ago if they wanted to bring someone.

Ok... its vent time...

People seriously have SOME NERVE. As if we don't have enough crap to deal with to get this together, people have the nerve to whine about not being able to bring someone. We explained to them that if they wanted to bring someone, they needed to tell us earlier. A week before the wedding is unacceptable. Some people have actually said that they are not coming now because they cant bring someone. Great... so glad this day is about me and matt and celebrating the moment.

I mean COME ON. Not only the principle, unfortunately it is about the money too. At $100+ a person - if we said yes to the 8 people who have asked us this week that would be close to $1000 more to the caterer. And, now since they dont want to come anymore... its that much we could have saved :*(

I dunno, it kinda makes me feel bad about myself too - we want to have them there but they only want to be there if they can bring someone - fine, for people who dont know anyone... that is understandable... but if your entire group of friends is going to be there? I guess I've been a little more stressed than I thought.

Anyway, last week was my moms birthday. Nothing like wrapping presents to relieve some tension. Curling ribbon is so satisfying. I LOVE PRESENTS even if they are for other people!



Also, here are two shots of Roxie. Since she is black, she is very diffecult to photograph, especially in my dark apartment. The shots are similar but I liked them both so you get to see them both! Roxie LOVES Matthew (that is his hand in the picture). The two of them will walk around my apartment together exploring and adventuring. He has gotten her to love water, sticking her paws and face in the faucet and in the tub. Every day, after my shower, she is at the door crying to get in. She then jumps into the tub right under the dripping water! She is such a little devil :)

*slurp*




So anyway, only 10 rows left on the blue blanket. I didnt get much knitting done today but Matt and I are planning on watching some movies tonight so hopefully I will get it done.

Happy Knitting, have a great night, and thanks for listening to me complain!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?