7.06.2004

SO CLOSE

I've really been thinking about how close the wedding it. Of course this means two things... 1) I'm getting married!!! 2) I need to have 2 baby blankets finished by the rehearsal dinner to give to my cousins from California.

They are coming along pretty well. I am about 40 rows away from finishing the cream one... I will only have to reknit about 7 rows at the bottom. For the blue blanket, I will have to frog about 1/3 of it - which means reknitting about 95 rows. Oh sure... 95 rows thats like nothing, right? Friggen wrong. Size 7 needles! Yah I'm a big baby and usually knit on size 13 so this is taking me a little longer :) I have faith that I will get them done though! And, they will be perfect!

So back to the wedding. I am getting really excited. Here is a list of vendors that I will be having at the wedding:

Dan Loh Photography
Main Street Catering
Topaz Orchestra (this link may not work - for some reason their site is down alot)

They are all really great, especially if you are in the tristate area. I am very please with all of them (though the band has a tendancy to take a few weeks to return any phone calls -- good thing I have taken this wedding planning thing very seriously and have planned WAY in advance to avoid problems). Anyway, I love Dan Loh, he is AMAZING -- as you'll see from his website, he has won a pulizter (sp?) prize and has some amazing photos that he has done for the associated press. I am working with Joy at Main Street Catering, and she is wonderful as well. She is on top of everything - we havent had ANY problems!

The only thing that we are having trouble with is 1) where are we going to have a rehearsal dinner that will accomadate 34 people? and 2) its 2.5 weeks until the big day, and some people STILL havent responded! Can you believe it?! I'm shocked.

So anyway. I cant wait for the honey moon too. We're going to Sandals in the Bahamas.

Ok, I need to go and get some knitting done, I want to finish the cream blanket by tomorrow. wish me luck! :) Enjoy the links!
Comments:
Hey Meg, it's Patti from Red Velvet Cake. Yes, you must make a Booga Bag. (After your wedding, of course!) It is so fun and easy. I got the yarn for about $22 and have half a ball left over.

Good luck with the wedding planning. My experience with the night-before dinner was that my guests wanted comfort food in quantity. My sister paid for a chichi place, but I would have liked to have gotten takeout BBQ or something. In fact, my husband's friends went out for burgers after the so-called dinner.

PattiG
(formerly of Radnor, PA...Many friends went to Penn State!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?