8.31.2004

1st day

It was kinda lame, I really don't feel like talking about it. Except for my one class we are going to be doing web based stuff so hopefully I can learn how to do a whole website and not depend on blogger.com

In knitting news, my trip to woolwinders was a success! I walked away with US3 and US6 circular kneedles, and the pattern for Charlotte's Web! I am going to be doing that pattern when I take the class in November. I'm nervous, it looks hard! But that's the point of the class. The people in there were nice, but a combination of them being busy and me being shy and awkward didn't give me the opportunity to really get to meet anyone. Oh well.

So, here are some pictures. So that poncho for my mom...

modeling the poncho. Is it too small? It may make its way to the frogpond... I'm going to send it to her to see if some fringe will make it a good size for her.

So remember that scarf Julia was wearing in Bourne Supremacy? Here it is...

see the rows? I love it!
I got the pattern from a link on KR Forums (find it here)

Cast on an even number of stitches
Row 1: K1 *wyif sl1 K1 rep from *
Row 2: Sl1 *K1 wyif sl1 rep from *

(k = knit, sl = slip, wyif = with yarn in front)

So, I did this exactly last night and it was working. Today, however it wasn't. I just did Row 1 over and over and over again to get the pattern. Maybe I was just being an idiot and forgot was an even # is, I don't know. Whatever, the script looks great. Here are some more pictures:





and, in closing...


Handsome Hunkie getting ready for his first day. We didn't match the walls to the shirt or the shirt to the walls. Its just fate.

So, enjoy the pattern (just a reminder, its done in Berroco Medley and I'm using size 11 needles) and have a good one. I will definitely have knitting time, and am using knitting as hardcore therapy right now! I just love how you can not even pay attention and knit or get totally lost in it.

PS thank you all for your kind comments. I'll try the MVA express. Anyone going to Knit Out in DC on the 19th? I'll be there with my spinning stuff trying to find someone to teach me! I'll post what ill be wearing closer to the day so you guys can find me. I promise it will be something like bright pink!
Comments:
The poncho looks great! I love the colors. Fringe would be really nice, too, but it certainly doesn't need it! Your Bourne scarf looks really fun, too. :)
 
Okay, that clinches it - I'll be at Knit Out in DC... Although do bring some knitting, because last time I was there I heard that they were strongly discouraging spinners (where they think yarn comes from, I am unsure) because "it's a knitting event, not spinning"

We should definitely all meet up!
 
Thanks for all your great posts!

Lisa & Elisa, thanks for your kind words on the poncho. Its the first thing (other than scarves) that I've just knit up without a pattern, so I am pretty excited that it is actually wearable. Maybe I'm actually ok at this knitting thing!

Lauren & Amie, I can't wait to see you guys at the knit out! I'll bring just a tiny bit of spinning stuff and hide it under my knitting! Will post more info next week on times ill be there and what I'll wear so you can all tell its me. I think Ill wear my bright pink new balance sneakers and my booga bag. Anyway, cant wait to see you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?