8.24.2004

Ikea Update

Well, we sucked it up last night and drove all the way back to Ikea to get some parts that were missing/incorrect. We left the house at about 4:45pm. About a block from our drive, Matt gasped and said "we really need to rethink this, look at the time. We'll be on the beltway at 5:00ish" UGH what a bad idea. So, we decided to get a bite to eat and then make the treak. Thank goodness Ikea is open until 9pm.

So, we continue driving, brainstorming where we could eat. We went through all the ones close by, but being new to the area, we really want to try new things until we find our staples. We had a very bad run in with some Japanese food the other day, so both of us are a little hesitant about the experimenting thing. We finally decided to head to Rockville, which is about halfway to Ikea for us, and look around there. Tonight, we are going to the Cheesecake Factory in Rockville for some dinner with some of our friends. So, we thought we could check it out so we don't get lost tonight.

Anyway, so we're driving down the road, and all of a sudden, seriously - out of the blue - Matt screams "VEGETARIAN!" and I look around (as he swirves the car into the proper lane) and see it! VEGETARIAN WAS ACTUALLY A PART OF THE RESTARAUNT'S NAME! It was fate - the vegetarian gods were looking down upon Matt and I and they granted us this blessing.


A quick excerpt from Matthew's Blog "Not 1 block later do we see Yuan Fu VEGETARIAN restaurant. I swerve across 3 lanes, pull a u-turn, and fly into the parking lot faster than you can say tofu."


It was, by far, the best food I've ever had. And I've had a lot of food... a lot of VERY VERY good food - between my brother being a chef and my parents having a love for 5 star restaurants, I've been around the block a couple of times. Ok - it wasn't the best food I've ever had - that would be at the Alpenglow Stube at Keystone Colorado, ontop of one of the peaks.

Anyway, the vegetarian place - it had a full chinese menu, all the basics and some fun ones - the catch - EVERYTHING was vegetarian. The pork, beef, duck, chicken - all made with soy proteins, wheat glutens and layers of tofu. It was, really... very... amazing.

So then we went to Ikea, high on life and General Tso's, and speant more money. Aparantly, my chair didnt come with wheels. You have to buy them seperately. Yes, of course - it makes complete sense now.

Dear Ikea, PLEASE, PLEASE - I beg of you... include wheels in your chairs and charge me the extra money. It will make life that much easier for all of us.

So anyhow. We got the wheels and replaced the defect part of matt's desk. We also bought a TV stand, a glass stand for our DVDs and a lot of lighting. Its so hard not to at $9.99 a pop.

As for today, I'm expecting a VERY special package from Mr. UPS today. Like I said in a previous post, I'm going to make my mom a poncho out of Berocco's Medley (and of couse I got myself a few extra balls for a scarf). I also ordered a lot of Rowan's Cork so I could make Cal for my dad and Ronan for my DH.

Have a lovely knitty day, and I will certainly post pictures of my wonderful package once it arrives!

EDIT: I also wanted to tell you about a blog I read this morning. I found the link on Elisa's blog. It is a post by Alison on her blog, brainylday. Very funny - enjoy!
Comments:
Cal and Ronan look very nice! I'm so jealous that you've already ordered your Cork; I can't wait to hear how it is!

I know exactly how it is to spend hours at Ikea, then have to go back, only to buy lots more stuff. I do feel bad for people who don't have an Ikea nearby. :)

That vegetarian restaurant sounds very cool. My brother lives in Rockville; maybe next time I'm there I'll have to try it. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?