8.05.2004

Its Booga Time!!

Ok, here are some pictures of the Booga I'm blocking, and the one I started last night for my mother-in-law...
This one is the one I'm blocking for my mom. I used color 96 for the bag and the i-cord. I really like the colors, I was thinking of keeping it for myself but I decided to give it to her (I want to mail it to her by the end of this week).



I went back to the yarn shop to buy more of color 96 to make another bag for myself, but they didn't have any left. So, instead I bought 2 skeins of 92 and 1 skein of 40 for my mother-in-law's bag. I'll use 92 and 40 for the bag and then the other skien of 92 for the strap.



For myself, I got 2 skeins of 126 and 1 skein of 131, as seen below. Hopefully they'll look great together. Like my mother-in-law's, I'll do 126 and 131 for the bag and then the other skein of 126 for the i-cord.



So, I'll probably put together my mom's bag tonight and send it to her tomorrow. She doesnt like bags that are just on one shoulder... she likes the bag to be around her hip and the strap to be over her head on the other shoulder (does that make sense?!) So i'll have to attach the strap a bit differently. Depending how it turns out, I may do that for the other two. Im also thinking of getting those magnet snaps to close them because of how the strap will be.

Hope you enjoy the photos! So right now I have 3 WIPs. I have a scarf I'm making for Matt (no photos yet until the pattern is noticable!), the pink mohair sweater for myself and the Booga for my MIL (its my new abbreviation for Mother In Law... get used to it!)

Matt and I are going to go see The Manchurian Candidate tonight... however you spell it. I hope its good. I think I'm going to bring my knitting... especially since this is a fast knit and easy by touch. We saw The Village yesterday - I really enjoyed it!

Happy knitting, enjoy your day!

Comments:
Meg, thanks for stopping by! The Booga bag (and bags-to-be) look GREAT! I am so jealous of folks with washing machines (coin op is a spendy way to felt!) and all these cute cute bags and purses...

The percentage bars are very easy to use and customize, let me know if you run into any trouble.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?