8.29.2004

The last day

Well, tomorrow my DH Matt starts work, and on Tuesday I begin another semester. Our time went by so quickly this summer. It seemed to take forever from April til June, but once July came, it flew. Before I knew it, I was married for a month, in a new apartment, and my knitting stash became out of control!

Last night we made a POA for today (that is what I say for plan of action now. It drives Matt crazy which cracks me up. Its become a big joke with us now). I finally got my package from Elann.com with my alpaca to make the the chickami. There I was, ready to cast on and I realized tha I don't own any size 3 or 6 needles. I'm still pretty knew to knitting, so I'm not making myself feel like any less of a knitter because of this. On the contrary, I'm looking it as a GREAT reason to head to Wool Winders to pick some up! Im really very excited. I'm planning on taking their Knitting Safari class from Novermber to December and I've been wanting to go over there to introduce myself and talk about projects that I could do for the class.

After we stop by the shop, Matt and I are going to go see Garden State. He has been wanting to see it for over a month now, and I thought today would be the perfect day to see it. We were thinking of maybe checking out Baltimore or maybe drive to the beach, but it is going to be 97 today, so I thought an indoor activity may be better.

Knitting wise, I finished the knitting on the poncho and seemed the pieces together late last night. I still have to do the fringe and I think im going to have to block it because its not really sitting evenly. I'm a little discouraged, It fits me but I think it is going to be too small for my mom. I think I'll give this one to my MIL and make another one for my mom.

In other news, I cask on to swatch (omg, my first swatch!) for the cork sweater for my father. I love the yarn, Rowan Cork is soft, light, stretchy and a fast knit. I recommend it!

Ok, off to get ready, eat some breakfast and head out for a day of fun. I'll post pictures tonight when I get home. I'll be able to post the poncho, a bit of the swatch and whatever goodies I end up with from woolwinders!
Comments:
looking forward to seeing some photos of your poncho! i like the POA...i think i'll borrow it and use it at work. i've been wanting to knit chickami for awhile and now that i'm finished with honeymoon i may just do so. have a great semester...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?