8.30.2004

MVA HORROR STORY...

Ok, so I know I promised to post pictures and tell about my trip to Woolwinders... but life is full of changes and suprises. I'm just goin with the flow.

I woke up this morning at 6:45 to see DH off to his 1st day of work. Everything went great until his car pulled out of the parking lot. At that point, I realized I was alone with a very very frightening day ahead of me... I had to go the the MVA (Maryland Vehicle Administration) to get a new title and registration.

I wish it were that easy.

To complicate things, my title and registration are in New Jersey right now. My dad's name, as well as mine, is on the title. We want only my name on the new title. But of course you cant get anything done without paying for it.

I wish I could tell you what I need to do to get that simple task completed. But I can't because the two times I've gone and the one time I've called, I've been told 4 different things (yes, thats right 4. When I went over today, she actually told me 2 completely different things to do in one explination!)

So anyway, Matt left and I shuttered. I got my stuff together and I headed out the door at 8:00 to be at the MVA when it opens at 8:30. Down the highway I go zoom zoom. I take the exit, and BAM I'm lost. It was so simple when I went with matt... take a right off the exit... what did I do wrong? So, I go to turn around to circle back and it feels like I peeled out of a gravel road... yes, I was instantly hit with a sinking feeling... NOT AGAIN.

I drive half a block and pull into Sheetz. You betcha, flat tire. I started crying instantly. I don't know why, i'm usually very capable of handling these situations. I just broke down.

I called Matt and left a sobbing message on his voicemail. I called my mom and dad and did the same to them. I got myself together, called AAA and had them fix it. No biggie.

BUT, this is what really gets me. A year ago, I went to a Jiffy Lube for an oil change. To make a long story short, that night matt was playing in a concert. THey packed up my car and began insisting on taking out the spare tire. I refused. I KNEW i was going to get a flat and I did... well a flat is an understatment, the tire actually blew up. We went to a station, they said that the tire was filled way past the point it was supposed to be.

So, I go to get an oil change 2 days ago. I didn't know where to go so we decided to go to Sears. UGH guess who they have doing oil changes... YUP JIffy Lube. I said to matt, I'm going to get a flat I know it. BUt, we went anyway... two days later... HI FLAT TIRE.


MORAL OF THE STORY IS:
NEVER GO TO JIFFY LUBE. THEY SUCK.

So now I'm down a tire and I took about 3 steps back with the title thing.

Oh, and get this. My NJ registration is expired... they actually REFUSED to give me a temporary registration. WTF.

THE MVA SUCKS. DONT GO TO THEM EITHER.

THE END.

Have a great day! :)
Comments:
You can register your car online, sweetie! Do a seach for the MVA website, and there are ways to do it without ever leaving your home! SOOOO sorry that happened - sounds like my luck. Hang in there!
 
What a tragic story! I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all that. :( But at least you got some knitting done while waiting at the MVA, right? Please tell me you at least got to knit!
 
Heather
pixiestikzknitz.blog-city.com

That totally brings back memories of my last flat! Nothing is worse...AAA is the best!

One trip to MVA makes even the most rational person insane...I thought VA was bad...MVA is the worst. Best place to go when dealing with MVA is #1)MVA online #2)MVA Express...I dont know why but the express people are so wonderful.

Glad to hear the Rowan Cork is so lovely..I felt the magpie and it was so scratchy! :)

Happy knitting!
 
I cannot stand the MVA, so I totally understand! They are one of the biggest PITA's to deal with. Not to mention, their employees come from the special Olympics.
 
I cannot stand the MVA, so I totally understand! They are one of the biggest PITA's to deal with. Not to mention, their employees come from the special Olympics.
 
The MVA SUCKS. http://www.axmx.net/2009/maryland-mva-blows-chunks/
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?