8.23.2004

Not much news...

So, knitting wise, I haven't gotten much done. After reading, you'll understand why. I've been super duper busy. Saturday, we went to the Spy Museum in DC. It was a lot of fun, but just a little too long. I was so tired when we were done. Afterwards, we went to this big swing thing near Chevy Chase/Bethesda. Frankie Manning was there - he is 90 years old! He is the guy who invented a lot of the moves for Lindy. Hes been around. He is still moving too, he did some dancing! 90 years old! Dancing! It was very cool. Matt and I aren't very good, but I think we may take some lessons locally.

Yesterday, we spend about 4 or 5 hours at Ikea. For those of you who have been before, you can understand why so long. For those of you who have not. Check it out.

We got 2 desks, a bookshelf and a bookshelf/cabinet thing. Our office is turning into just that! I also got a cool chair named Lenny. The wheels were missing, but whatever. I'm still sitting in it, and it whobbles back and forth on the uneven base. Its actually very exciting, and sometimes if i lean to much I get a rush of adrenaline because I feel like I'm going to fall. Sometimes, when i'm feeling extra risky, I'll use the lean function on the chair and rock back simultaneously. I love living on the edge.

So, we now have to drive to Ikea. I'd bring my knitting with me, but I think I'm goig to offer to drive because Matt has been driving so much. Tonight, I hope to finish the front of my sweater and being the sleeves!

Have a great night, will post pictures soon!

Comments:
I LOVE Ikea - its the greatest store on the planet. I have my stepson trained to say "It's the greatest store on the planet" when someone mentions Ikea in a conversation.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?