8.27.2004

Waiting and waking (not knitting related except that I've been knitting while doing these things)

Sitting, in bed waiting for the FedEx guy to come. Don't get to excited, its not another yarn package :*( The title to my car is in my name and my fathers name. He wants it just in my name so if I do something stupid he won't get sued. Since I just moved and I have a Jersey title, in order for me to get a Maryland title with just my name, he has to sign it over as a gift which means stupid pointless paper work and a lot of confusion as to where to sign (if i'm getting it as a gift, why am I a buyer and a seller? stupid.)

So, waiting for the form, waiting to shower, and anticipating my "girl checkup" today. Ladies, I'm sure you know what I mean, and I'm not looking forward to it one bit.

So, school starts in a few days. Here is a brief history of my schooling: I left highschool a year early and went to Philadelphia for fine art (The University of the Arts). I didn't like the school one bit, though I did leave with one really good friend and that is the time in my life when I met Matt (DH). After a year there (and a stupid foundation art program) I transferred to The School for the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. This school is affiliated with Tufts University, so I did my fine art at the Museum School and I did my academics at Tufts. Hard work for sure. There where no majors, only focuses at this school - I focused on ceramics (mainly throwing) and figure drawing, some photography and I guess we can call it sculpture what it was more like just playing around with different mediums.

Anyway, then I was hopelessly lonely (Matt and I were doing a long distance relationship - he was at Penn State 8 hours away) and after much contemplating, I transfered to Penn State and he proposed to me! Awwweeeee....

So that was the end of my transfering. So I am currently a Penn State student in Human Development and Family Studies focusing on Children, Youth and Family. I have a lot of options with this major, from social work to therapy to teaching. matt and I want to have a family so I think I'll work with infants through preschool in a daycare setting.

So, now that I'm living in Frederick, I had to transfer to one of the Penn State satallite schools - called Mont Alto. It is north west from where I live, and it is going to be about an hour commute. I have class every day (6 classes total) and they are spread out so badly that sometimes I have 4-5 hour gaps between them. Its too long to drive home and go back - so I'll be getting a lot of knitting and school work done I guess.

This is my last year of class. Then i have an internship to graduate. Though I am excited about working with children, my dream is to own a yarn shop. It would have books, coffee, tea and cookies (and chocolate of course), yarn and happy people. I'd also love to make my own designs. My first goal is to learn to spin and then learn to crochet.

Anyway, thanks again for reading my blog and your comments! Until Saturday, my in-laws will be here so I don't know if I'll have much posting time. I'll be lurking, however. I'm so excited that you guys are up for getting together. Looks like Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are the days that I will be home by mid afternoon - and the weekends of course!

Happy Knitting! I hope to finish the second half of the poncho for my mom today (i'm doing the two rectangle meathod - i'm on rectangle #2) and then finishing work!
Comments:
It's gonna be a rough year at school, but the plus of all that time - in addition to the knitting - is that hopefully you can get a good bit done while you're there, and not bring much home... Good luck!
 
Wow, I lived in Frederick, Maryland for about 2 years when I was a little girl. Every now and then, we pass it on our way to visit relatives.

Can't wait to see your poncho!
 
I went to PSU too, but I graduated in 98. After college I was living in Baltimore with my mom and working in Philly, so I sympathize with your drive. Good luck with your last year!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?