9.21.2004

A long time coming

This post has been a long time coming! It has been a long time since I've done a knitting update, or posted any pictures, so I am going to try to do a two for one (though they aren't going to be MY pictures, because I am at school without resources)

First, I want to start by saying there is a big ol' nasty fly on the monitor that wont go away. better on the monitor than on me!

So, I have many projects going on right now! Here is my holiday list so far:

~Rowan sweater for Dad - 10% complete
~Rowan sweater for Matt - 1% complete (I say 1% because I have all the supplies just ready to be worked!)
~Poncho for Mom - -100% done. It used to be done, but its back to the drawing board because of my miscalculation on the size. woops
~Bucket hat for Maddie - 40% complete but thinking about frogging it because i knit two stitches wrong. however, they are on the inside bottom seam of the hat. probably totally not worth it. I will keep truckin with this one.
~Lace scarf for Gram - 3% complete. However, i have never done lace before. I understand most of the direction to make it, but have yet to find an actually pattern - i was just wingin it. Anyone have a good lace pattern? I'm using Pure Alpaca from Elann.
~ Something for my cousin mike. This is 0% complete because I still dont know what I want to make. im thinking afghan or pillows for his couch. maybe a sweater (he only has 1 sweater, can you believe it?!?!). I think maybe something from the Jo Sharp Home book - book #4
~Chickami for my MIL

Thats it for presents. OMG THATS IT? crap I'm totally screwed. How can i possibly knit this much by that time?!?! Especially now that school is in full swing. I guess less time blogging! :(

Ok, well I think thats all i have for you guys. Oh wait, I promised a picture.


This is Simply Marilyn by Debbie Bliss (you can get the pattern for free at Interweave Press!!!) I love everything about it. The model, the fluffy skirt, the color, the off the shoulder. Mmmmm. I love it. However, when I make mine, it won't have a mistake in it like this one does. Can you see the mistake? Its very easy to see if you open the pdf file from the website.

Anyhow. Have a great day. I love you all and I thank you all for visiting with me so regularly. It is so much fun to have knitting friends. I love being a part of your knitting lives, and I love having you a part of mine!
Comments:
meg, amy over at hauteknits just started a marilyn knitalong. it looks like fun.

http://hauteknits.port5.com/
 
I know what you mean about having so many things to do before the holidays! I thought I was starting early, but I still feel buried!

I really enjoy your blog, and thank you for visiting mine, too!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?