9.12.2004

Our Happy Weekend

I'll start by introducting you to Matt's new scarf. I've named it "Chester" by Matt's request.

Its going to be so warm!

He just woke up, but still makes a great model!

Close up

For my other knitting news, I am making the same scarf for myself right now, but in pinks. Its very sexy. It will be perfect with a black coat on a cold snowy day!

Yesterday, our adventures took us into Washington, DC. We drove to the metro and took it into the city, and it was a long trip... about 20 minutes longer than it should have been because they kept sitting at each stop for 5 or so minutes. Anyway, we got there and were hungry, so we found a restaurant. It was really really good mexican, the name was Andale I believe. Afterwards, we headed back to The Mall to walk around and enjoy ourselves. We checked out the

New museum for the American Indian
It really is an amazing building. The museum opens on the 21st. If you are going to the knit out, you should check out the building!

We then headed over to the Botanical Gardens (thank you DH for coming with me! You really are a good man!). Fun was had by all. There were

Amazing colors,

Amazing flowers,

and amazing mysteries!
There was also

Handsome Husband!

Afterwards, we swung by Captial Hill. I can't even begin to remember the last time Ive been here.

Its a beautiful building.
Today we are planning on heading to some 75ft waterfalls in the area, and then tonight is my first soccer game! I am really excited and I can't wait to meet the rest of the team! I'll probably finish my scarf tonight, so pictures of that and of the falls to follow.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Comments:
Elisa, Thanks for the message! We had a great weekend :) We went to Cunningham Falls which is right outside of Thurmont, MD. It was beautiful!

Lauren, we went to the Smithsonian metro stop. Boy, was it packed! I definitely want to go to the Arboretum - Maybe Ill suprise matt one weekend with a sneaky trip in! Can't wait til the knit out!

Michelle, thanks for stopping by! No names yet for the pink sister - any ideas? It definitly needs a spunky name since it is such a wild and spunky pink!

Megan, Thanks for the info on the flower! My mom and gram both have a knack for plants - I thinkI follow in their footsteps. Just a little love and water and my violets and orchids are as happy as can be! I would LOVE to get together to knit sometime! And, of course, would love to take you up on your offer for a cutting. Maybe I have some booties for Gwen around here that I can trade!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?