9.08.2004

Storms a brewin'!

Well, matt and I have been sick... very very sick. Well, hes been very sick I've been kinda sick. I hope I don't get worse because I really don't want to get what he had... though I would probably come out 5 or so pounds lighter...

No no no... tahts bad.

So, I've been kinda bumin' around. I did get some school work done *sigh of relief* but not much knitting. Matt and I used to be pretty serious gamers. We played Everquest, and if you know anything about it or know anyone who played it, then you know that it is very addictive. Well, about six months ago we gave up that life. We swore we'd never get into gaming like that again, and we were confident that there were no games out there that could take our attention like EQ... that was until we got into the World of Warcraft closed stress test beta.

So, thats what I've been doing since last Thursday... playing World of Warcraft. We put in some serious time, but we only plan on playing it casually when it is released (I've heard November - December for release now). If you want to see screenshots and stuff from it, click on Matthew's blog on the right to see shots in his blog.

So knitting wise I'm now getting my act back together. I'm going to finish Matt's scarf by Friday, I'm knitting it using Mission Falls 1824 Wool and Berroco Softy held together. Its very pretty, will be very soft and very warm. Everything a scarft should be! He'll love it and I'll post pictures once I get my butt off the couch!

I can't wait until the knit out. Only one more week! Oooh, and that reminds me... Woolwinders if having a sale, get your butts over there! The holidays are coming, and there is no better way to start those projects than with a sale!!

So, we've been getting all sorts of storm warnings today... flash floods, hail, sever t-storms, and... get this... TORNADOS! Unbelievable. I've been in a tornado before. Years ago, in NJ where I grew up we had one. It was very intense. We saw the storms swirling and the sky became a very eerie green. Afterwards, there were downed trees everywhere. There was speculation that it touched down on our street and sweapt through the town for almost 2 miles. We lost power, of course, and I had to do my homework by candlelight. It was cool, but I dont want to relive it.

Have a good night, watch out for the twisters!
Comments:
Don't worry, Frederick's no "Tornado Alley" - They put the warnings up frequently, but I've never seen one in real life. The ones we get here are pretty small, anyway. This is about as moderate as it gets in the states weather-wise. We're not that hot, not that cold, we get tornados and hurricanes but just the smallest of the small ones, and they're rare... we had an earthquake once 11 or 12 years ago, and it was really minor and made HUGE news because we don't get them here...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?