9.13.2004

This post is dedicated to the Fall...

Im so sore. I had SO much fun playing soccer... But man am I sore. I played 2 games!After our game was over, they needed a few extra people in the next match so I volunteered. I played keeper in both matches, and had a blast. I forgot how much fun I used to have in goal! It also was nice because I think people were shocked that such a little person can have such a big kick!

So, today I am on campus until 8pm. My next class starts at 6pm, and I've done so much work today, I'm going to give myself a little bit of a break now. I have all my work done for tomorrow and Wed., so tomorrow I will do all my work for Thursday. That will leave me with easy days on Wed, Thursday and the weekend.

I decided to change my template - don't get freaked out. I just needed a change. And this is why.

I love the seasons. I love that every so many months, the weather begins a transition into something new. Every new season, I declare that season my favorite. Therefore, right now FALL is my new favorite season (though, in all honesty I really do love fall - November is my birthday month and I have so many fond memories of this time of the year - not just because I get presents, but because so many special things happen!)

Therefore, I have changed my blog to represent the Fall! Here are some reasons why I chose this one.

Why I have a Brown Blog:
*Its the color of pumpkin pie
*Its the color of the bark that falls off of the trees - I used to run around my neighborhood when I was little and jump on the bark to hear the crunch
*It makes me think of cinnamon - mmm
*It makes me think of mulling spices!
*It is the color that the leaves turn after they have fallen to the ground. These leaves help insulate the grass and protect it from the snow!
*My favorite sweater is brown
*My hair is brown
*My eyes are brown!
*I have lots of brown freckles (even one on my lip and in my eyes!)
*Logs are brown and I will get to burn brown logs in our new fireplace this fall!
*Turkey is brown, but even better - Vegetarian Quorn Roast is brown (this is the best substitute for a thanksgiving turkey. i HIGHLY recommend it to meaties and veggies alike!)
*I'm wearing brown shoes
*Apple Cider is brown
*Hot Apple Cider is brown
*Hot Chocolate is brown!
*Brown is a warm, cozy, comfy color
*Brown can be rich, brown can be soft, brown can be timid and brown can be aggressive
*My first knit project was knit in 2 different browns

And, the number one reason why I have a brown blog...
*CHOCOLATE IS BROWN!!!!!!
Comments:
I never knew brown could be so lovely! I, too, have to change things with the seasons, especially my desktop (and likely my blog), and fall is my favorite, too!
 
Yay! I love brown too... and I like the new blog look - looks warm and inviting!
 
I visited your blog this morning and discovered your change in color (hadn't dropped by in a few days). I enjoyed the list of reasons you chose brown. Yummy spices. :)

The color is very similar to a little Carolina Wren that serenaded my husband and I this morning. The sun had just broken through the clouds, the night of Ivan had passed, and this beautiful little wren was standing on his tip-toes telling the world how greatful he was to be greeting a bright new dawn. It was wonderful. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?