10.22.2004

HI GUYS!

Hi everyone!

Wow, this week has been hectic! Thanks for being so patient with my on the posting front - any time that I have had, I've been knitting and cuddling with DH. You guys are so great, thank you all for your comments :) I love reading your blogs so much, and I'm glad you enjoy visiting mine!

So yah, I've been knitting like crazy. So much so, I've been having dreams about it. Yesterday, I searched Lauren's blog and found the link to the Irish Hiking Scarf Pattern. I frogged a Noro Kochoran scarf to use the yarn for this pattern (it was just a big and super long garter stitch scarf. No biggie!). The yarn is perfect, fuzzy, has some body and is SOOO soft because of the angora. It is the first time I've knit cables, but its coming out great. However, I had a nightmare last night that I kept forgetting that I was knitting cables so I had to keep unknitting and reknitting the damn pattern. Just a dream though :)

I have also started my niece's Bucket Hat. I am doing the whole thing on 10.5 24" circ, so I'm concerned that it won't come our right - the brime calls for 9 24" circ and then to change to 10 16" circ. I'm sure it wont make that big of a difference, and the only reason you switch to the 16" circ is because of the decreases - lets just hope for the best.

Have any of you felted Ironstone "New Wool"? Maybe Megan? Does it shrink a lot? I'm kinda guesstamating about my 4 yr old nieces head, but I def. dont want to felt it if its too small!!!

I finished my booga at the conference yesterday, it is sitting on my couch waiting to be felted. I also worked a little on the Berroco Medley Scarf that I was making, but I got bored with it - probably why I cast on the hat and the hiking scarf.

Man, I sure do make a lot of scarves. But where are they all? I have one and matt has one that i've made - where are the rest? It seems like I'm always knitting them! Maybe i've given them away? Who knows.

Ok, i have to go blow dry my hair (wearin it straight today! oooh la la!) and head to class. Have a great day guys! When I get home today, I'll be sure to post some pics of scarf, hat and booga!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?