10.27.2004

*HOOOOOOOOWWWLLL*

First things first, there will be a full lunar eclipse tonight! I love this stuff. Matt and I have plans to go out at 9:30 to take a peak, and then again at 10:30 to see it during the full eclipse.

Next, I want to thank you all for your kind posts! Its so nice to hear from all of you! All of you who asked me questions - I answered most of them in comments on your blogs! Let me know if you missed them :) (Lauren, we should totally take Amie up on her offer!!!)

So, it has been a busy week! Busy for everyone else? I dont know what it is, it just seems like everything is going on now! Yesterday was a great day. I finally got my registration and title taken care of, so I have MD plates (yay!). Also, after class I decided to take a small trip to a LYS near campus. One of my teachers told me about it. I was a little scepticle to go, but then I checked out their website. Learn about The Yarn Basket Here. Their website looks a little outdated, but take a look at their selection! Oh - and their sale yarn!!!

(A side note before I post pictures - do any of you feel incredibly guilty after buying yarn? I felt this way yesterday after I left the store. All I could think about is all the projects I have planned and all the projects I'm working on, and how I shouldn't have bought the yarn. It was an aweful feeling. I felt like I was being selfish and spoiled buying it. I dont know where the feelings came from. I'm glad I bought it now. I know those feelings were rediculous because I knit EVERY day for an average of 2 hours a day I bet... some more some less. Anyway...)

Here is the progress on my scarf, and some stash enhancements...


Noro Kochoran - lushious!


Progress of my Irish Hiking Scarf


Rowan Cork - same stuff I'm making my dad and DH's sweaters out of. 12 balls at 1/2 price! Holy Sale! I couldn't resist. The color looks grey here, but it is actually a beautiful lilac color. There is a swatch here it is #32 - Chilly


When I was in the store, I picked up a Noro book - Noro Knits by Jane Ellison. I opened up to this page and KNEW I had to make it for my mom. I thought it would be perfect for her to carry some snacks and a good book on car trips, or when she and my dad go to car shows!


Noro Iro - 75% wool, 25% Silk - softer and lighter than their other wools. Its perfect for the bag!

And now, in closing - I will leave you with a photo of what we had for dinner. This is out of one of my vegetarian sandwich cook books. Basically it is a mixture of 3 bell peppers (i like using red, orange and yellow for the color and nutrients!), beans, garlic, onion cooked with a bit of oil. then add tomato, oregano, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. spread it on cheese and sprink the top with more cheese and top with another tortilla. I baked it for about 5 minutes and served with sour cream!


Mmmm Quesadillas for dinner! (and my cute little fishie spoon holder)

I hope you all have a great night. Enjoy the eclipse!

And if you get the chance, dont forget to wish Megan a happy 24th birthday (a day late!)!
Comments:
I *so* want that Noro Knits book, too, after seeing the knit's on Eilene's and Wendy's blogs. And the Cork... oh, isn't it a dream? :)
 
Your scarf is just so gorgeous. You are going to get tons of compliments on her! What pattern is that or did you make it up?

I wish I would have known about the eclipse. I'm so mad I missed it!! :-(

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com
 
Here I am girls - ready, willing, and enabling!

Amie
Always willing to hoist another fiber addiction on those she loves...
 
The scarf looks great!
 
Yarn Basket is my all time favorite yarn store. It is hard not to leave there without something. And my lunch time knitting group wants to head to Woolwinders so it is fun to hear about that store also.

Cindy
http://knittingworks.spatterdash.org/
 
great pics. yummy stash AND dinner.
froggyknits.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?