10.14.2004

Just One of Those Days...

I've been having a lot of these lately. Once I get over the hump it'll be all good, I know it. However, first I had to deal with this:

MVA: My insurance wasn't exactly ok with MD. I say wasn't exactly because the name on my insurance card didn't match the name on their insurance list exactly. Name on my card: Chubb. Name on the list: Chubb National. Gimme a break. So Matt gets his plates and title and registration no problem (of course). Not me though. And, from the looks of it I'm going to be charged 5% tax on the book value of my car, which is almost $9,000 right now. Yea, like I have that money.

Doctor: The lab didn't accept my insurance (its the theme of the week), so I didn't have any work done. This means more hassel for me in the next few weeks, which happen to be busy weeks.

The Good News: You remember how I broke my TV? Well right next to the TV place there was an insurance place. We just popped in to get an estimate on car insurance. The lady there was *SO* nice. Basically she gave us free advice to put my name on my DH plan and that would be the cheapest. When we stood up to leave, I hear here cry "ooooooooh, you made a booga!" I couldnt believe my ears. DH couldn't believe his ears. Another fiber lover, right here, right now, where i live, and she recognized a yarn and a pattern! The conversation went as follows:

Me: "Oh my yes, I love knitting. I think I've made one for every female relative in my family"
Her: "Oh dear yes. I have one with very similar colors as yours. Two different colors in that one, yah?"
Me: "Yup, thats right. I use this thing everywhere!"
Her: "Hun, you should join our knitting group"
Me: *So excited at this point I'm squirming and can't forumalte any words. I keep looking from DH to her in joy*
Her: "oh yes, you would love it. We meet every second Tuesday at the Roy Rogers in Frederick"
Me: *giggling* Oh I would love to! *beaming*
Her: Here, take my card. Call me this weekend. I'll give you directions and more information. Have you been to the yarn shop?
Me: "YARN SHOP!?!?! IN FREDERICK?"
Her: "Oh yes, brand new, diffecult to get to." - proceeds to give me excellent directions.
Me: "Oh I am so excited, thank you so much, I will call you."
DH: "Wheres the Roy Rogers?" Obviously impressed by her directions to the yarn shop.
Her: Begins to explain how to get to a Roy Rogers RIGHT BY MY HOUSE!

This is toooooo cool. I am going to call her this weekend and find out more about the time and the place. I wonder if they eat there. I'll have to bring my own food, I'm not really a fan of the fast food thing (only fast food I do is Chilis or Cheesecake Factory. Is that even considered fast food?)

So, I am going to go to the yarn shop by me tomorrow on my day off. She also recommended going to The Mannings which she described as heaven. i have heard others say the same. its only about 1/2 an hour away from Frederick. Shes interested in spinning as well! Oh I just loved her. I can't wait to see her and her friends.

Anyway, Matt and I are also going to Butler's Orchard this weekend to do some pumpkin picking and apple picking (it may be too early for the later here though). I am also crossing my fingers that LollyLauren will be up for a trip to a shop this weekend. If not this weekend, no biggie, a weekend soon! I'm making you promise :)

Happy Knitting... have a good evening!

meg

PS. Wahoo Survivor and Apprentice on tonight! I'm such a chump for these shows...
Comments:
Meg, I hope you get the doctor thing figured out! (I'm worried about you!)

That is SO cool about the woman at the insurance place! I hope you have fun knitting with the group - and make sure you report the details of the new yarn shop! :)
 
Hi Meg - I had to give you a shout out on my blog because I was so excited for you when I read about your great luck finding a fellow fiberphile! What a nice thing to happen when you've been having such stress otherwise.

Take care of yourself, and I hope you get some quality Lolly Time this weekend. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?