11.12.2004

Interview

A quick life (and knittingless) update:

I have an interview today for a summer internship. The reason why this is such a big deal is that it is the first internship opportunity that I have heard of that will (drumm roll please) PAY!

Unfortunatly, it is about 45min - 1hr from my home. Good news is, I would have the freedom to plan classroom schedules, cirriculum, field trips, etc. This may seem like a give if you are a lead teacher in a room, however... aparantly corporate daycares are springing up all over the country side. Most of their classroom activities and ciriculums are planned AT THE CORPORATE OFFICE! What does this mean? A board of individiuals are deciding what your child, and a gazillion other children will be doing each moment of each day. Sounds cold to me. It also runs the risk of being age inappropriate and it hinders a teachers ability to plan a schedule around the needs of her children.

Ok, rant over. Please, keep me in your thoughts on this cold, rainy day. I would love the chance to work at this center!
Comments:
Good luck on your interview! I always hated interviews on rainy days. When you get home, put on some comfy clothes and crawl under the covers. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?