11.11.2004

Knitting Safari - Part 2 of 4

OR, You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you.

Dear Charlotte,

I am at a complete loss of words. Last week, you made it clear to me that our relationship wouldn't be an easy one. I picked up on your cool attitude, but I thought that in time we would be able to make things work. Afterall, I was willing to give as much as I could to you.

Please, stop playing these games with me. If you don't want to see me again, just tell me.

I know I didn't give you enough time and effort last week. I know that you need undivided attention, but you can't expect me to drop everything for you all the time! I have needs too, and I just can't afford to neglect the other things in my life for you, especially when all you do is take, take, take!

Last night was unacceptable. I studied you, I swooned over you, I even pictured us getting together again, when this fling is through. Your response was hurtful, depressing, and yes, stressful. If you continue to treat me this way, I am going to have no choice but to replace you with...

Don't interrupt me. This is important!

In two hours last night, we worked through 4 rows. "We" meaning me and the teachers at the class, NOT you and me. You have done nothing to make things easier, explain yourself, or even give a hint as to why you are acting this way.

Don't think you are getting the easy end of the deal here. I am NOT going to just walk away. I intended on finishing you, and I WILL. Give me everything you've got, because I've got a little more.

Things are going to change. You are going to listen to me, respect me, and most importantly, RESPOND to me. If I purl a row and then have to work on the pattern, you WILL have the correct number of stitches on the needle, understood?

Good.

We have a long weekend ahead of us. Take this time to get some fresh air, and then be prepared to put your heart into it, got it!?

Best regards,
Megan




Ok, enough said about Charlotte. She hasn't exactly been cooperating. She thinks everything is all about her.

The knitting safari was great last night. I honesty don't know what I would have been able to do without the help that was provided. Well, I do know actually - everything I did would have just taken 10x longer on my own.

Yesterday was a crappy day. I had an unreversable string of bad luck. Seriously, everything from dropping my spoon into my soup, to my fly being down all day, to being stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours only 5 minutes away from getting home, to my knitting bag spilling out all over my car, and to me dropping my phone, the battery unattaching and dropping down a crack in the pavement. Unbelievable.

However, I am the luckiest girl in the world, with a very understanding and loving DH. He helped me through the evening, and kindly suggested by the end that maybe, just maybe I should go to bed. I did. Things have been much better today.

I hope you all have a great end of the week. I honestly haven't had the time to do a lot of knitting because of school work and traveling. I plan to show Charlotte who's boss this weekend, pictures will follow.

And with that, I leave you with my progress on The Web, with my first color change. Please enjoy!


Happy Knitting!!
Comments:
Oh, you poor dear! Your day yesterday really does sound terrible. I hope today goes much better for you.

Good luck with Charlotte. She sounds like a brat.
 
Don't worry about your bad day, we all have 'em and it sounds like you got through it fine, which is more than I can say sometimes! Don't let Charolotte knock you around either, show her who's in charge.

P.S. Your web progress looks great!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?