12.06.2004

Satisfaction - and a lot of it

I dont know about you, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of the holiday season. Here is a quick list of the things that help me get this great feeling:

1) I get to make lists. I also get to cross things OFF the list once I accomplish the task. To me, this is VERY rewarding.
2) A lot of FINISHING goes on:
1) The semester comes to an end. This means final tests, final papers, final
projects, final classes. I love it. Friday is the end for me - then one
test on Monday and it will be over and done.
2) I get to start and finish my Christmas shopping. I find this very rewarding.
I like stores a lot, I like the lighting and the colors, the smells and the
music. Sometimes I could do without the people, but hey, its just as much a
part of it as the traffic!
3) I get to WRAP presents. I LOVE wrapping. I'm a wrapper. I was born a wrapper
and I will die a wrapper. I wrap well and I'm not afraid to say it. Crisp,
clean edges and folds gives me an overwhelming feeling of pride. This year,
we're bringing or wrapping to a new level. Instead of wrapping paper from
the store, we're using paper grocery bags. We have been drawing motiffs on
each present - trees, snowflakes, snowmen, etc. We've also attached a
hershey kiss to each present (the holiday assortment, of course). I LOVE
WRAPPING!
4) This also means a lot of hand knit gifts, ie FO! By the end of this week I
plan on having... no, not one. Not two, not three, but FOUR FO! I have
finished the fringe on my mom's scarft, Charlotte is being blocked and ready
for fringe as we speak. I also finished up a cape/shawl/vest thing for my
mom (Pattern here in this newsletter).
I will also finish my dad's sweater (yay for pressing, seaming, blocking!)
Wow, what a week.
4) During this season, I also get to send out holiday cards. OOOOH i love it!

So, Right now I have no pictures. Instead I have 2 projects, 2 tests and 2 objects that are screaming "FINISH ME YOU SLACKER!" I have a doctor's appointment, internship resonsiblities to take care of, 2 papers, 2 journal entries, 2 group/peer evaluations and a website to do.

It will get done, I will cross more off my list, and I will enjoy 2.5 weeks of knitting before Christmas. I will buy the rest of the presents, I will wish you all a happy holidays, and I will have one myself!

Have a lovely, stress free week, friends!
Comments:
I hear ya! I love shopping, especially Christmas shopping! Sadly, I start and finish way too soon, especially now with online shopping, so I miss out on some of the hustle and bustle. But it's still fun!

And wrapping... that's my favorite part! Your personalized wrapping paper sounds so cool!
 
Another Wrapper here! I LOVE it! My claim to fame was in high school when a friend was trying to wrap his sisters gift and didn't have a bow - I used the paper he'd cut off the ends of the rest of the paper to make a very fancy multi-tiered bow. Such fun! And no one gets two gifts in the same paper, and there must be an even distribution under the tree of all the papers... Fun fun fun!
 
Wow, you sound as busy as I do! Gotta love wrapping! I get the same satisfation from wrapping presents as I do from sewing seams. It's like you said-clean lines, crisp edges, etc. *sigh*

Good luck with your finals! You're so lucky you have all that time off. I miss school....
 
Come on Christmas, I want my scarf NOW! And, don't forget the fringe please. Love, mom
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?