1.24.2005

It's official

I haven't been posting. I know it, you know it. There's no fooling blogger. You can't trick it into posting for you. Don't bother trying.

I have *sort of* been knitting. But there are a few knitting updates!

I am taking a class on the history of American Women. For the next two classes (and last weeks class) we will be knitting! Last week kicked off the knitting experiance with a lesson for those who have not knit before. Since the campus is small, everyone on campus knows that I knit, so I was basically assigned my own small group of people to teach. It went great. My group had relatively few problems, which was a relief (especially since i was teaching them continental). They were knitting scarves in garter with two strands held as one. I was suprised that that was how they had them start (two strands can be confusing to someone just learning!!!!) but everyone did great!

In other knitting news, Wed. I will try to go to a local knit group. Ever since I came to Frederick, I've been really trying to find people to knit with. I was able to meet Megan and Lauren, which was wonderful! I just wish we lived closer together!!! I'm excited that I am going to be meeting another group. From what I've heard, they are very friendly and range in age.

I've been making progress on the sweater - but not much. The back is finished and I am about 1/8 of the way through the front. The sleeves will be a breeze IMO, so I am hoping to have it done by the beginning of February. We'll see!

I also made a knitting to do list:
1) Finish Baby Sweater for Christian
2) Finish Charlotte for my mom
3) Finish the Jo Sharp socks (with the Infusion Mohair I got for Christmas)
4) Finish the Noro Bag that I started months and months ago by spring break (it will be a great plane carry on!)
5) I need to decide on a few more projects with the misc. yarn I have lying around. I've decided to take a bit of a break on buying until I can control my stash. My apartment is SO tiny that I really need to watch the overflow (which is the perfect way to describe it right now!)

I hope you all are having a great January and are staying warm!!!
Happy Knitting,
Meg

PS I promise pictures of knit group!
Comments:
Good to hear things are going well with you, if not a little busy! Wow, you're own little knitting group to teach, how cool is that?

I hope you have fun with the local group you found!
 
Just a hello from another 'Meg'.
Love the name you chose for your blog!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?