1.04.2005

What a break!

Well, we're back! Our holiday trip went something like this:

December 19: I got over heated at soccer and began feeling pain in my chest. I slept 12 hours that night and woke up with an aweful head cold.
December 20-27: Head cold got worse and worse. Of course it did, its winter break - who wants to be healthy on break?
December 23: We drive to NJ. zoom zoom... we get in late - but not as late as my brother. He arrived at midnight and was waiting for his bags until 3:30 am!
December 24: Ho Ho Ho! Christmas Eve! I'm feeling crappier and crappier by this point. We had a yummy dinner of seafood lasagna that I didn't really feel like eating because I was sick. Oh well.
December 25: What a Merry Christmas! It took us from 9am to 2:30pm to open all the presents. There were 10 of us - unbelieveable!
December 26: We went to see the NJ Ballet version of The Nutcracker. It was awesome. I think PA does it better though.
December 27: Back to MD
December 28-30: I layed on the couch and knit. I was starting to feel better by this point :)
December 30 - January 2: We went and spent New Years with Matt's family. We had a lot of fun! We played a lot of poker, video games and ate yummy homecooked food. We're still eating the cookies! Delicious. We also went to a New Years party, but Matt had some stomach problems so we had to leave early :(

It was a busy yet laid back week. I had a great time seeing all my family, but I'm sad to see it come to an end.

PICTURES!!!!

I didn't forget my camera this time. Thank goodness! We got a lot of great shots. First, family pictures: (NOTE: these pictures will be added tonight or tomorrow - I can't find the camera - I think Matt may have brought it with him to work by mistake)

PRESENT PICTURES!!!
I got so many great presents for Christmas. My brother and sister-n-law got Matt and I the Worst Case Senerio board game. SO much fun! My other brother edited and burned us a DVD of our wedding! It was wonderful. He worked so hard, and it came out great!

Knitting wise, I got tons of great gifts.
From my parents:

Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Mohair and Mohair Infusion - Delicious!!

HUGE skeins of yarn from Inspirations Yarn. Casual Grey and Wild Flowers Its beautiful! I'll definitly use the blue for the shawl, but what should I use the other for? Its spectacular and about 300yds!

Clockwise from bottom left: Jo Sharp book 4:Home, Jo Sharp book 5: Gathering, Fiber Trends Field of Flowers, and Weekend Knitting
I'm also expecting Latvian Mittens, Last Minute Knit Gifts, Scarf Style, Simple Knits with a Twist, and The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Also, after seeing the size of those seins for the Fiber Trends pattern, I'll also be getting a plastic/metal ball winder and swift from Halcyon Yarn

Non-Knitting gifts included:

African Autumn tea from Pat

Isn't this the coolest tea bag you've ever seen? Its actually plastic-y!

Shell and Driftwood windchimes handpicked and handmade from my niece, Maddie

Chest of drawers from my cousin, Mike

Jewelry Amoir from my folks. I LOVE IT!

What great gifts. I am so thankful for all of them! There are also so many other things I can't possibly post them all!

Two more things. First, everyone LOVED their presents! What a succesful Christmas! Lastly, while in NJ, I was able to start and finish this:

Martha in Rowan Cork. Pattern was in The Cork Collection by Kim Hargreaves.

Its great to be back and I cant wait to catch up on blogs! Hope you all had a happy holiday and happy new year! WOW, 2005!!
Comments:
My goodness, you had an eventful holiday! I'm loving that cork sweater! Don't you just love how quickly those fly off the needles? It really looks awesome! And I totally agree, where did santa find such great yarn?!?!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?