1.10.2005

What a weekend!

The comedy club was awesome! We had such a great time! There was yummy food, and both acts were hysterical! I think I laughed at every joke.

The next day, we went to state college to get our hair cut. TOTALLY WORTH IT. I can't believe how long my hair is getting. Exactly a year ago I decided to grow it out. At that point, it was about an 1.5 inches long. Now, its almost to my shoulders! Also, for the first time in about 8 years, it is my natural color! I never thought I'd stop dying my hair, but now its so easy to take care of.

Saturday night, mike came over. We had pasta with veggies, yummy bread and bree and sparkling cider (thanks for the bread, cheese and cider mike!). We then went to see The Life Aquatic. We all LOVED it. If you like other Wes Anderson films, you'll LOVE this!

Sunday, Matt had his first volleyball game. He loved it, but now he is complaining of an achey back. Mom's United did a great job of 3-1. I scored the first goal for our team. It was a great game, I was really on last night. It felt great. I don't have a lot of endurance, so I decided to start running. Today I started with a mile. We'll see how long this routine lasts :P

In knitting news, i've made little progress on the sweater. School started today, but I'm determined to keep up with my knitting. Pictures to follow...

KNITTING NEWS!!!
As said earlier, I have been working on a sweater for one of my baby cousins. Before the wedding, two of my cousins had babies. At this time, I was determined to knit them both monogramed blankets as seen here and here. As seen in the second one, I made a mistake and ended up frogging the whole thing. By the time of the wedding, I wasn't even considering knitting it. So, I found a pattern by Debbie Bliss. Now that XMas is over, I can take the time to knit it.

No rush, the baby isnt even a year, and the smallest size is for a 2yr old. Perfect!


Sweater with ribbed yoke by Debbie Bliss

I'm having a great time knitting this. I'm using Rowan handknit DK cotton. I like it a lot - though i wish the yarn store that I had bought it from had had the debbie bliss dk.

As you can see in the sweater, its coming out great! after I did the rib at the bottom, and began knitting the bottom of the sweater, I realized that somehow, I knit wrong.

What!? How could this be? Every other one of my rows was twisted! Well, the "knit" rows were right, ust be the purling...

Its true! I know how I was doing it wrong, though I dont know how to explain it. It took me a row or two to become efficient. If you look closely at the picture, at the very bottom you can see how they were twisted. The rest of the picture you can see the stitches done the correct way. What a change! My apologies to those who recieved gifts with my wrong knitting!

Hope you all have a great week!
Happy knitting (and purling!)
Comments:
sounds like you had fuuuun! my current comic fave is dane cook...hilarious guy! i really love those monogramed blankets. is it your own design?
 
When I first started I used to knit all of my stitches wrong too! I have no idea what I did, it's just that they were all twisted. Apparently I was doing this for quite awhile before I realized it! I think we've all done things like that before.
 
Oh, I can't help it - NOT wrong, just DIFFERENT. Whichever stitch was twisted - knit or purl - there are ways to compensate for that!

Anyway, the baby sweater's going to be beautiful!
 
Glad you got your knitting straight. You will find your gauge swatches very different than with the twisted knitting.

I love comedy clubs. We are going to have to that soon.

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com
 
I thought I left a message. It must not have gone through. That sweater is going to be great. I love the ribbed yoke. You will find that your gauge swatch will be very different with twisted knitting than without. I can definately see the difference.:-)

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?