2.24.2005

Jump Start

I havent been posting and I havent been knitting because I've been really burned out.

To make a long story short, I was at Barnes and Noble on Saturday and FINALLY got Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I have been jonsin for this book for MONTHS and I can't even begin to express how excited I am to have it.

(Side note, it is snowing here right now - yay for snow days - and the tree outside is covered. There are two cardinals outside on the tree, a male and a female. they are sitting checking out my deck, deciding whether or not they want to risk eating the suet I have out. I hope they come and eat, they are So pretty and look so bright against the white/grey/brown background of the snow/sky/tree)

While at Barnes and Noble I also checked out thelatest issue of Interweave Knits. I was very close to buying it because I had not recieved my subscription int he mail yet, but decided to give it another week. Good thing too, I recieved a copy in the mail on Monday!!

What a jump start. Talk about Spring knitting - there are so many refreshing patterns in the book and the magazine - just looking at them inspired me to start working on projects that I have had lined up.

On Tuesday, I knit this:


Lace Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts

It was a really fun knit. I really really like knitting lace now. I decided next up was a pattern I got for XMas from my mom. I'm using yarn and a pattern from fiber trends:




The purple in the background is the couch. Because of the color of the yarn its easier to see the lace with a dark background. I think it is so pretty and I hope I have have it done by Easter.

And finally, since this will be a small post as I take baby steps back into blogging, here is a picture of DH and me snowboarding at Whitetail a few weeks ago.




Happy knitting!
Comments:
Hi! I just came across your site and love it! I'm a new knitter and also a new blogger (not about knitting, though!), so will definitely be checking back here regularly. That lace scarf is gorgeous!
 
Looks like you guys had lots of fun snow boarding!

I've been bad also. I didn't post for 2 weeks. Don't worry...it's OK. :-)

I love your lace scarf. So feminine!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?