3.24.2005

NO WAY

Three foods I used to hate:
Cottage Cheese
Grapefruit
Pears

I now love them. I still hate asparagus (well, not the actual veggie... i like the veggie. It just totally grosses me out how it makes your pee smell...) and will only eat eggplant depending on the situation.

In knitting news:
The shawl is going great. I think tomorrow I will give in and take a picture of it, even though it will just look like a pile of yarn. I decided it was wrong of me to withhold my progress.

Any of you out there *big* lace knitters? The more I knit, the more I notice my brain thinking in lace. I'm actually remembering the pattern! I'm very impressed with myself.

Also, I was exploring the Interweave website and I stumbled across a link to this. Personally, I think that this little instruction page was just *too* cute. It made me smile and started me thinking about change. As a knitter, I view the work that I do as *creation*. When I first started knitting, I had serious frogging issues. I didn't want to do it. When i read about recycling yarn for the first time (about a year ago i think... when i first started knitting) I seriously considered whether I had it in me to undo what someone else had done.

Then, I would have said no way. Now, I say yes YES YES.

As I'm sure you know, matter cannot be destroyed. It can not be created. It just *IS* and it is continually changing. Each of us has a bit of a star within us! When we knit, we change that tasty ball or delicious hank into something new. I think I'll apply this to some sweaters that I have loved - a lot. Instead of donating them or trashing them, I'm going to recycle them into something else that I can love some more. They'll look different but somehow be the same.

(Like Gandhi said - or was it Buddha?)
"The only constant thing is change"
Comments:
OH I just looked at your pictures! It looks like you had a great time!

I've been thinking about recycling some of my old sweaters too. It just seems like a better way than just trashing them.

I find that my mind goes into Fairisle mode the same way yours goes into lace mode. After awhile I don't even need to look at the pattern anymore!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?